WooCommerce vs Magento – A side by side comparison
We often hear this from our customers: “We are looking for a self-hosted e-commerce platform, but I’m not sure what the best platform is for our online store.”
WooCommerce and Magento are two popular eCommerce platforms available on the market. In this article, we will compare Magento and WooCommerce side by side, so you can choose the best platform for your needs.
- WooCommerce is an open-source ecommerce plugin built for the WordPress CMS Platform.
- It is a completely free platform.
- It supports most of the WordPress themes and offers a wide variety of customization options.
- It offers basic security features.
- It’s the best for usability.
- WooCommerce is quite SEO friendly and It’s the best for creating contents.
- It holds 32% market share of all ecommerce sites worldwide. (Ref: dailyhostnews.com)
- Magento is an open-source ecommerce platform tailored to web development professionals and large online stores.
- It offers a free community version, as well as paid version (Magento Commerce).
- It offers a theme-based UI system and allows decent customization options.
- It offers advanced security features.
- It is recommended for users who have a good level of web development experience.
- Magento allows users to optimize online stores for better SEO strategy and maximum output.
- It accounts for 4% market share of all ecommerce sites worldwide. (Ref: dailyhostnews.com)
Which eCommerce solution will be better for your business?
In summary, WooCommerce is more user-friendly and affordable, while still being able to scale your online business. On the other hand Magento is designed for large global ecommerce stores. It’s best you consult with an eCommerce agency before you choose the right ecommerce platform for your business.